1. By using the Website and Community Abroad Service, You represent that You are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. By registering to use, or using the Community Abroad Service, You represent that You have never been convicted of a felony and have never been required to or are not currently registered as a sex offender with any government entity. Community Abroad reserves the right to perform criminal background screenings to confirm Your compliance with these terms.
3. Use of the Community Abroad Service and membership in Community Abroad are not available to the general public and require an invitation from an existing Member to a person aged eighteen (18) or over who does not already have an active account, or has not previously been suspended or removed from the Community Abroad Service. By registering for the Community Abroad Service, Members with invitation privileges are expected to invite only respected persons within their own real-world communities and not individuals who might bring discredit to or harm the reputation of Community Abroad and our community.
4. By having a membership account with the Community Abroad Service, You acknowledge that You meet our requirements for membership. As a Member, You may not have more than one membership account, nor may You open an alternative account if Your membership is suspended, restricted or terminated for any reason. You may not share, sell, trade or transfer a membership account to another person, nor accept an invitation for or use an account that was not originally Yours. If an account violates these conditions, the account will be terminated immediately.
5. By registering to use and while using the Community Abroad Service, You represent that You are not a competitor of Community Abroad and that You are not using the Community Abroad Service for reasons that are in direct competition with Community Abroad.
6. As a member of Community Abroad, You warrant that You are using the site as a private individual for private use, and not on behalf of or representing any form of a commercial entity, corporation or other business organization. Businesses and other legal entities may not use the Community Abroad Service for any purpose, nor may You use the service on behalf of any business or legal entity without our express consent.
7. You represent that You have full authority and capacity to use the Community Abroad Service and to agree to be bound by these Terms, and that agreeing to these Terms will not violate any other agreement to which You are bound.
8. You agree that You will not violate any trademark rights, copyright or any other rights of Community Abroad, nor shall You violate these Terms.
1. You understand and agree that Your use of the Community Abroad Service must be in accordance with these Terms of Service, and we may deny, suspend, restrict or terminate service or membership without prior notice if You fail to comply with them.
2. English is the official language of the Website, as it is the most commonly shared second language of Community Abroad Members, and thus the most inclusive language. It also facilitates site moderation, which ensures a safer community for all Members.
3. You must treat Your username and password as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password at any time to safeguard Your account and the Website from security threats, or, if in our opinion, You have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
1. We wish to have a friendly, intimate and secure community for our Members. When using the Website, our members have the expectation of privacy and confidentiality. We are a community of global diversity, with Members from nearly every culture and country. Expectations and behavior will be equally diverse, so to help provide a comfortable environment for all members, we have rules. Your use of the Community Abroad Service confirms that You understand, accept and will follow these rules.
2. Trust and confidence are paramount when using the Community Abroad Service. Falsely misrepresenting Your identity, including the use of a pseudonym or alias, or Your profile information will result in Your member account being suspended, restricted or terminated.
3. You will, at any time, have a current email address entered into your profile in order for Community Abroad to be able to contact you with notifications, communications and other information.
4. You will promptly report to Community Abroad any violation of these Terms by other Members or member accounts. You also agree to report any violation of this agreement by Yourself or conducted through Your account.
5. The use of any robot, spider, site search or retrieval application, or any other method or device to copy, retrieve, archive or index any portion of the Website or the Community Abroad Service is not permitted.
6. You may not use the Community Abroad Service for any illegal purpose in any country or jurisdiction.
7. You must be the acting agent or relevant party in any offers to members posted by You. You may not post offers to members on behalf of someone else.
Community Abroad may permit the posting by You and other Members of written works, comments, images, photographs, text, sound recordings, videos and/or other materials and/or communications (collectively, “Member Content”). Community Abroad and/or its distributors and/or licensees may host, share and/or publish Member Content. You understand that whether or not such Member Content is published, Community Abroad does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Member Content. You understand that when using the Community Abroad Service, You will be exposed to Member Content from a variety of sources, and that Community Abroad is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Member Content. You further understand and acknowledge that You may be exposed to Member Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable, and You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies You have or may have against Community Abroad with respect thereto.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN USING THE COMMUNITY ABROAD SERVICE YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO MEMBER CONTENT FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES, AND THAT COMMUNITY ABROAD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OR RELATING TO SUCH MEMBER CONTENT. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO MEMBER CONTENT THAT ARE INACCURATE, OFFENSIVE, INDECENT OR OBJECTIONABLE, AND YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND HEREBY DO WAIVE, ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS OR REMEDIES YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE AGAINST COMMUNITY ABROAD AND/OR ITS LICENSORS OR LICENSEES WITH RESPECT THERETO. COMMUNITY ABROAD DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY MEMBER CONTENT OR ANY OPINION, RECOMMENDATION OR ADVICE EXPRESSED THEREIN, AND COMMUNITY ABROAD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH MEMBER CONTENT. IF NOTIFIED BY A MEMBER OR A CONTENT OWNER OF A MEMBER POSTING THAT ALLEGEDLY DOES NOT CONFORM TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, COMMUNTIY ABROAD MAY INVESTIGATE THE ALLEGATION AND DETERMINE IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WHETHER TO REMOVE THE MEMBER POSTING, WHICH IT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DO AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE. FOR CLARITY, COMMUNITY ABROAD DOES NOT PERMIT COPYRIGHT-INFRINGING ACTIVITIES ON THE COMMUNTIY ABROAD SERVICE.